Most Asians are not blessed with naturally full and voluminous eye lashes and I’m one of those people. This is one of the reasons why I consider mascara as one of the smartest inventions in the beauty world. They are created to open up our eyes just like that. There are a ton of mascaras in the market and we just have to choose what’s best for us depending on our eye shape, length or thickness of our eye lashes. As for me, I already found my holy grail mascara from the Japanese brand Heroine Make and it is their Volume and Curl Waterproof Advanced Film Mascara.
What’s good about it?
- Pretty packaging.
- Has fibers that makes the eye lashes to be fuller.
- The wand and actual brush of the mascara are perfect for Asian eyes, neither long nor short with just the right thickness.
- The shape of the brush follows the natural curves of the eye lashes which makes the application of the mascara easier.
- The formulation of the mascara is great, neither thick nor watery and the color is a real pigmented black.
- Open up the eyes by making the eye lashes looks thick and voluminous.
- It does not clamp or makes the eye lashes “spidery” looking up to second layer.
- Does not weigh down the lashes.
- It’s waterproof, smudge proof and long lasting.
- Much more easier to remove than the Volume and Curl and Long and Curl variants (not advanced film).
What’s not so good about it?
- It’s not affordable and widely available in the Philippines. You can buy it a lot cheaper from online shops and mostly pre-ordered from Japan so you have to wait a little longer.
- The fibers can seriously hurt the eyes, so be careful while applying the mascara.
Do I like it? YES!
Overall Impression: Heroine Make offers a variation of mascaras to choose from. One of which is the Long and Curl variant which promises to lengthen the eyelashes and there are a lot of girls who loves it. In a nutshell, I think that Heroine Make is such a really good brand and they really produce high quality and waterproof mascaras. Though it’s still considered as a drug store brand, I can say that it’s price point is in between a drugstore and high-end makeup brand.
Where to buy and how much? P700 – P900 from online shops, mostly pre-ordered. It is also available at BeautyMnl for P1,100.00.
How about you, what is your favorite mascara?