Dr. Morita is a Taiwanese Sheet Mask brand that’s been on the market for … brace yourselves … Year 1934! amazing right? In fact, their award winning Hyaluronic Acid Essence Mask is the No. 1 best-selling sheet mask in Taiwan and Hongkong. And now finally, Dr. Morita arrived in the Philippines and I’m super glad and grateful that I was invited during the brand’s official press launch last September 27, 2018 at Shangri-La Hotel – The Fort. Ms. Liz Lanuzo, Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Project Vanity and PR Head sent me the invite and to other bloggers in the Asian Beauty Community in the country as well.
Dr. Chun Ksu Jou, third generation of the brand’s founding family graced the event and discussed more about the history of Dr. Morita and the science behind their best-selling sheet masks and other skincare products. The pictures he presented were really nostalgic and I like that this man has an ample amount of sense of humor.
Ms. Valerie Tan hosted the event and acted as a translator as well for Dr. Jou. Some of the the beauty personalities present in the launch was of course Ms. Liz Lanuzo and Ms. Gen-Zel Habab.
Here are some of the information that Dr. Jou discussed during the event:
- Proper Usage and pro tips – Always make sure that the face is clean before applying the sheet mask. Once on the skin, leave the sheet mask for 10-15 minutes. Afterwards, remove it from the face and gently massage around the face area for the essences to be fully absorbed by the skin. There is no need to rinse off.
- Dr. Jou recommends using Dr. Morita sheet masks before going to bed for revitalized skin in the morning.
- To conserve the excess essences from the sheet mask, use it on the face and neck the next morning or night.
- Sheet mask should not be left on the skin beyond the recommended time because it will result to what he called “reverse osmosis” which will leave the skin drier than ideal.
- Sheet masks are a great travel-friendly skin care option – I agree!
- In order to keep the skin healthy and hydrated, drinks lots and lots of water, eat right and exercise regularly.
- Of course, consider using a sheet mask daily for better results.
Dr. Morita sheet masks are now available at Watsons and SM Beauty for only P74.00 each. Dr. Morita products are distributed locally by Gentro International Products, Inc. Other sheet mask variants are: Intense Hydrating Serum Facial Mask, Triple Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Essence Facial Mask, Whitening & Moisturizing Essence Facial Mask, Platinum Colloid & Hematite Extraction Whitening Black Mask and Platinum Colloid & Black Pear Extraction Moisturizing & Whitening Black Facial Mask.
Aside from the snacks and drinks available at the event, the organizers were kind enough to gave us loot bags containing a cup cake and a box of the best selling Hyaluronic Acid Essence Mask, lovely! 🙂
Here are some more photos of the event with my co-bloggers and of course with Ms. Liz.
Leave a Reply